Saturday, May 2, 2015

D.O.T.M. and a couple of other cards

Hi all.  Today I am showcasing Imagine That Digi Stamps DOTM challenge card.  This set is one of two that are in the store.  The set that I used is called Teacup Pansies.  The other set is called Watering Can Tulips. They are both great for Mother's Day cards.  The can also be used for many other occasions, too.  If you played along with us last month, you may pick which set you would like to receive for free.  They can be found here in the shop.  For my card, I decided to play with my watercolor paints.  I did a wash background and painted the pansies and the teacup.  I added dots on the cup and saucer to give it a bit more interest.  I matted it on DP and added the butterfly ribbon, attached to white CS.  This has to be one of my favorite images and it was so much fun to paint!




I have recently started quilling and this is my very first project.  I just put an order in with an online quilling store and I plan to start doing more sophisticated work, soon.


The next card is a mixed media card that I made for a friend's birthday.  She loves butterflies and is very earth conscious.  The embossed design was done with a paper napkin on white CS.  I stamped and die cut the butterfly and added ribbon and a charm that can be removed and worn.  My friend told me that she might just leave the charm on the card and save it that way.   


Remember, if you played in the challenge last month, you can get your choice of either of the 2 digi sets for free.  You will continue to get a new set for free, every month, as long as you keep playing!  If you didn't play last month, no problem, you can purchase one of the sets and start playing.  They are both on sale in the shop.  I also wanted to mention that Kris has changed the web site and it is really beautiful and easy to get around.  

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. All of your cards are just beautiful Barb!! I especially love that you left one of the pansies white - that really pops, and your quilled card is SOO CUTE! I've always loved the looks of quilling and your first try turned out awesome! I think I kinda want to get back into that. I tried one card a few years ago. Seeing yours makes me want to quill again. :) Can I ask which store you went thru? So good to see you blogging again - must mean you're feeling much better/!! I'm not on FB very much so I have a hard time keeping up with everyone. Been praying for you though and good to see your post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I am feeling better, on and off. Seeing another doctor at Moffitt. GI problems since my transplants. Having some procedures done on the 26th. Glad you like my cards. I got my quilling supplies at Quilling Superstore, www.QuillingSuperstore.com

      Delete