Saturday, September 8, 2012
The first thing I did was color the image with Copic markers. I added Glossy Accents to each individual balloon and his shoes, etc. for added dimension. I sponged the background. The front of the card was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. I used Nesties to cut the hole and make a tiny frame around it. I used my Cricut to cut out happy birthday and added 4 dots of Viva Decor yellow pearl to the corners. Then I glued the image inside so the balloons would show through the round frame. The image is from Guylou's Inimitability. www.guylousinimitability.com
Saturday, September 1, 2012
I colored the image with colored pencils and added red Stickles for the holly berries. I also added 3 red rhinestones on the right top corner to balance out the image since the image just stopped on the left side and I had to cut it on the edge. I used 2 different die cuts and added the red and black ribbon. I mounted it on red card stock that was embossed with a Stampin'Up poinsettia folder. I punched the holly corner and added a piece of green paper underneath the match the green die cut. I also added more red Stickles to make the holly berries. I rounded the corners and mounted it on white card stock.
The inspiration for this card was a card sketch from CWLC.
I made this card using a new technique that I learned on Thursday in my stamping club. I stamped the image with Stazon ink, onto light green tissue paper. After the ink dried, I crumbled it up. After I straightened the tissue, I brushed a plain piece of CS with Glossy Accents and added another layer of Glossy Accents to the top, lightly pressing down on the tissue paper. I cut out the image with a Nestie and cut another piece, the same size and cut it in half to make a shadow effect. I pop dotted it onto a background that I had made a while back, with plastic wrap and ink. I glued the flowers onto the buttons and glued them on 3 corners. I stamped the sentiment on the other corner. I think this is one of the fastest cards I ever made!