Saturday, July 14, 2012

One more Christmas in July and some others...


 I went to a July 4th party and I snatched one of the tooth picks with the flag on it.  I thought it would make  great thank you card.  I removed the bottom of the toothpick and glued the little flag onto the red, white and blue ribbon.  The inside says "and it was a grand old party".


I started this card a while back in my stamping club.  I didn't know what it needed to make it pop.  I finally decided that the buttons would do the trick.  They did and I love the way it turned out.  I even made an envelope for it, as the size was different than most square cards.

  
This card was made for a shower card for my pastor's daughter.  I Embossed and punched the flowers and cut out the stamped sentiment with Nestabilities.  I colored white ribbon with Copic markers to have it match the color.  The top flower and sentiment (sorry about the photography) were pop dotted for dimension and the other flower was just glued on.  
  
  
This is another card that I made a while back and didn't finish until yesterday.  The technique is called black magic.  I stamped it with white ink and colored with colored pencils.  When I tried to make the card originally, I cut out the window from the embossed card.  The problem was that it wouldn't stand on it's own because it was too flimsy.  I tried putting vellum under the window, but then you couldn't see the flowers on the inside, unless it was closed.  I found some plastic from packaging and glued that on to the back of the window and presto, it stands up and you can see the whole image!


This is the one holiday card that I worked on this week.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut with my Nestabilities.  I layered with dark grey and white mats and added the red polkadot ribbon.

I will try to make some more Christmas cards to post next time.  Hope everyone is having a great summer.  Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment